Friday, August 17, 2012

Freelance

A few months ago I began some freelance work with my friend who was going to release an album called Mixed Metaphors under the pseudonym, Cloud Canvas. He had a very strong conceptual basis for what he wanted the work to look like, and after some discussion I started doing some silhouettes. We went through quite a few revisions of the silhouettes until we got exactly what he was looking for.







After we had boiled down the design to the above silhouette, I started developing it as a 3D model, simply referred to as the 'emblem'. I chose to make the cover emblem in 3D software so it could be reposed from different angles for other assets of album related art work.


I did the texturing and bump maps for the model in Mudbox, which I learned for this project.



After numerous revisions and lot's of render crashes, we ended up with the final album cover below. 



Thanks to Nick Suda for a great learning opportunity and an exciting project! Check out his album here: http://nicksuda.bandcamp.com/album/mixed-metaphors

No comments:

Post a Comment